You can use the online form to make an application to our office to request one of our services:
- Application for Referral
- Review of an Admissibility decision
- An investigation into Undue delay
- Investigation of Maladministration and/or Substance
Before you apply
If you haven’t already, check whether you are eligible to access the Ombudsman office using our ‘how can we help you’ tool.
Make sure you have electronic copies of all supporting documentation to attach to your online application. If you do not have this information electronically, you are advised to send your documents in by post. Please note that your application will not be considered complete unless you supply the requested documents.
If you have a pre-application query, read the guidance on how to complete our application forms or contact our Enquiries Team who will be able to help.
After you apply
You will receive an acknowledgement email within two working days once your application has been submitted.
A customer record will be created for you and a reference number will be assigned which you should quote on all correspondence us.
You will also receive a link to our online portal allowing you to track the progress of your application and submit future enquiries or applications to our team.
Portal help and support
If you need further support, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions factsheet, where you can find answers to our most commonly asked questions on the online portal. Alternatively, you can contact our Enquiries Team who will be more than happy to help. You can contact the team on 0207 877 3450.
Other ways to make an application
It’s best to apply online. If you are unable to submit an application via our online form, please download a paper application form and read the guidance on how to complete our application forms.
- Application for Referral (279 KB)
- Application for Review of Admissibility Decision (250 KB)
- Application for Undue Delay Investigation (271 KB)
- Application for Substance and/or Maladministration investigation (269 KB)
Please note that you will need to open our application forms in Adobe before filling it in. If you don’t do this, you won’t be able to save the form.
How to submit a paper application form
- Double-check that you have completed all sections, signed and dated the form
- Save the form to your desktop or device
- Send your completed form and evidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to SCOAF, PO Box 72252, London SW1P 9ZZ
If you have any difficulty completing the form or you would like to request an alternative format, please contact our Enquiries and Referrals Team on 0207 877 3450 for assistance.