Festive Period: Our office will be closed from Thursday 23rd December 2021 at 5 pm until Tuesday 4th January 2022 at 9 am (inclusive). You will still be able to submit enquiries and applications during this period to our contact mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org. But, they won’t be actioned until we re-open in the New Year.
Phone line: We are currently operating a voicemail call back service on our contact telephone number 0300 369 0689. All messages received are collected by our Enquiries Team, Monday to Friday, 9:00 am until 16:30 pm. Please leave a voicemail, with your name, phone number, email address (if possible), and enquiry. We aim to respond to all messages within 2 working days. Any messages received to our voicemail on Friday afternoon will be retrieved on Monday, after the weekend.
To complete the application form, you will need to open it in Adobe before filling it in. If you don’t do this, you won’t be able to save the form. If you cannot access our forms, please contact us to request an alternative format.
Updated 4 August 2021
Read to find out how to complete our application forms
- Who is the Service Complaints Ombudsman? (305 KB)
- What can the Ombudsman do for respondents to a Service complaint? (111 KB)
- What redress can the Ombudsman recommend? (290 KB) – for more information read SCOAF Financial Remedy Guidelines (205 KB)
- What can the Ombudsman do for me? (116 KB)
- All about Ombudsman referrals (95 KB)
- What can the Ombudsman do for family members of Service personnel? (117 KB)
- Judicial Review & the Office of the Service Complaints Ombudsman (140 KB)
- Where can I get welfare support during a Service complaint (136 KB)
- Reasonable Adjustment Factsheet (225 KB)
SCOAF’s internal process pamphlets
Published 1 February 2021
- Army Guide For Respondents in a Service Complaint (177 KB)
- RAF Guide for Individuals Named as a Respondent in a Service Complaint (130 KB)
- Royal Navy Guide for Individuals Named as a Respondent in a Service Complaint (109 KB)
These publications are not owned by SCOAF. If you need further support or guidance contact your complaints secretariat who will be able to provide more information.
Posters and Leaflets
We have new promotional items on the way. If you would like printed leaflets and posters. You can make a request by clicking the button below to be added to be our distribution list when they are avaliable.