01/07/2021 – Our general enquiries telephone number changed to 0300 369 0689. All calls to our old number are diverted for a limited period. For more information read our latest update.
Scheduled maintenance: We will be performing scheduled maintenance to our IT infrastructure on Friday 17th September 2021 at 13:00 pm until Tuesday 21st September 2021. During this period, it may impact on our ability to receive emails. Please bear with us.
SCOAF staff are working remotely so we have no access to our post. Please continue to send applications and documents to us electronically by email to our contact mailbox: email@example.com or the investigator handling your complaint. Our system cannot accept emails larger than 20MB. Emails that exceed the size limit will be blocked by our email system. Please send separate emails and mark each email in the subject box.
To complete the application form, you will need to open it in Adobe before filling it in. If you don’t do this, you won’t be able to save the form. If you cannot access our forms, please contact us to request an alternative format.
Updated 4 August 2021
Read to find out how to complete our application forms
- Who is the Service Complaints Ombudsman? (305 KB)
- What can the Ombudsman do for respondents to a Service complaint? (111 KB)
- What redress can the Ombudsman recommend? (290 KB) – for more information read SCOAF Financial Remedy Guidelines (298 KB)
- What can the Ombudsman do for me? (116 KB)
- All about Ombudsman referrals (95 KB)
- What can the Ombudsman do for family members of Service personnel? (117 KB)
- Judicial Review & the Office of the Service Complaints Ombudsman (140 KB)
- Where can I get welfare support during a Service complaint (136 KB)
- Reasonable Adjustment Factsheet (225 KB)
SCOAF’s internal process pamphlets
Published 1 February 2021
- Army Guide For Respondents in a Service Complaint (177 KB)
- RAF Guide for Individuals Named as a Respondent in a Service Complaint (130 KB)
- Royal Navy Guide for Individuals Named as a Respondent in a Service Complaint (109 KB)
These publications are not owned by SCOAF. If you need further support or guidance contact your complaints secretariat who will be able to provide more information.
Posters and Leaflets
We have new promotional items on the way. If you would like printed leaflets and posters. You can make a request by clicking the button below to be added to be our distribution list when they are avaliable.