Phone line: We are currently operating a voicemail call back service on our contact telephone number 0300 369 0689. All messages received are collected by our Enquiries Team, Monday to Friday, 9:00 am until 16:30 pm. Please leave a voicemail, with your name, phone number, email address (if possible), and enquiryWe aim to respond to all messages within 2 working days. Any messages received to our voicemail on Friday afternoon will be retrieved on Monday, after the weekend. 

Information about an issue affecting a loved one

The Service complaints process

A Service complaint is usually made within a period of 3 months of the incident occurring. More information on timeframes and processes can be found in JSP831.

Contact our Enquiries and Referrals Team who will be able to provide more information on the Service complaints process.

How to make a Service complaint

If your loved one believes that they have been wronged in their Service life and would like to make a Service complaint. There are two ways they can make a complaint. They can:

  1. Submit a written complaint to his or her chain of command.
  2. Ask the Ombudsman to refer his or her intention to make a Service complaint to their chain of command.

If your loved one would like the Ombudsman to refer their intention to make a complaint to their Service on their behalf. Click below to access the form that they need to complete.

Application for Referral

Please note that that we can only accept a completed application form from the person who wishes to make the complaint if they give us their consent to do so. The application form will need to be returned to us from their personal email address.