Application for an Investigation of Undue Delay
There is no legal definition of undue delay, but in general terms, it means you think that the time taken to do something has been unwarranted or excessive.
You can only request an investigation into undue delay where:
- You believe there has been undue delay in the handling of a Service complaint you have made; or,
- You believe there has been undue delay in the handling of a Service matter; and,
- the Service complaint or Service matter is still open
If you think there has been undue delay in an ongoing Service complaint or Service matter, you should try and resolve this with the person that is handling the complaint/matter before approaching the Ombudsman.
Application for an Investigation of Undue Delay (233 KB)
The PDF form has highlighted fillable form fields. Please use these fields to enter your information and not the ‘insert comment’ tool.
How to submit your form
- Double check that you have completed all sections, signed and dated the form
- Save the form to your desktop or device
- Send your completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org post to SCOAF, PO Box 72252, London SW1P 9ZZ
If you have any difficulty completing the form, contact our Enquires and Referrals Team on 0207 877 3450 for assistance.
Timeframes for processing your application
|2 days||Once we receive your application you will receive an acknowledgement within 2 working days.|
|10 days||The initial assessment of your application will take up to 10 working days.|
|17 days||Once your application has been allocated to an investigator, we aim to provide you with a final decision within 17 working days.|
Please note: It is important that we can contact you once you have submitted an application. If we can’t contact you we may be unable to process your application or there may be delays in starting an investigation.
- Download the file: What can the Ombudsman do for me? (78 KB)
- Download the file: What can the Ombudsman do for family members of Service personnel? (78 KB)
- Download the file: What can the Ombudsman do for respondents to a Service complaint? (78 KB)
- Download the file: Where can I get welfare support during a Service complaint (103 KB)