Application for an Investigation of Undue Delay
|What is undue delay?||There is no legal definition of undue delay, but in general terms it means you think that the time taken to do something has been unwarranted or excessive.|
|When can I ask the Ombudsman to investigate undue delay?||You can only request an investigation into undue delay where
You should try and resolve the delay with the person that is handling your complaint/matter before making an application to the Ombudsman.
To complete the application form, you will need to open it in Adobe before filling it in. If you don’t do this, you won’t be able to save the form.
Application for Undue Delay Investigation (392 KB)
How to submit your form
- Double-check that you have completed all sections, signed and dated the form
- Save the form to your desktop or device
- Send your completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to SCOAF, PO Box 72252, London SW1P 9ZZ
Please note that if you are sending your application by email the system cannot accept emails larger than 20MB. Emails that exceed the size limit will be blocked by our email system.
If you have any difficulty completing the form, contact our Enquiries and Referrals Team on 0300 369 0689 for assistance.
Timeframes for processing you r application
|2 days||Once we receive your application you will receive an acknowledgement within 2 working days.|
|10 days||The initial assessment of your application will take up to 10 working days.|
|17 days||Once your application has been allocated to an investigator, we aim to provide you with a final decision within 17 working days.|
Please note: It is important that we can contact you once you have submitted an application. If we can’t contact you we may be unable to process your application or there may be delays in starting an investigation.
- Download the file: What can the Ombudsman do for me? (116 KB)
- Download the file: Undue Delay pamphlet (298 KB)
- Download the file: What can the Ombudsman do for family members of Service personnel? (117 KB)
- Download the file: What can the Ombudsman do for respondents to a Service complaint? (112 KB)
- Download the file: Where can I get welfare support during a Service complaint (136 KB)