Application for review of an Admissibility Decision
|What is an admissibility decision?||It is a decision to exclude a complaint from the Service complaints system before investigation.
The Ombudsman has the power to review these decisions and make a final decision about whether the complaint should be accepted into the system.
|When can I ask the Ombudsman to review an admissibility decision?||You have 4 weeks and 2 days from the date your decision was posted or emailed to ask the Ombudsman to review it.
· If you made a complaint and it was not accepted for investigation, you can ask the Ombudsman to review this decision.
· If your complaint was investigated but your request for an appeal was not accepted, you can ask the Ombudsman to review the decision not to accept the appeal.
If you don’t make your application to the Ombudsman within 4 weeks and 2 days, you need to provide reasons for this and your application might not be accepted.
The clock is not stopped until a complete application is received. A complete application means you have provided all information requested on the application form, including consent, additional documents required and answered any additional questions asked by the Referrals and Enquiries Team.
Any decision made by the Ombudsman on a review is binding on all parties.
If your application is not accepted, you will receive a decision letter that explains why it was not accepted. For more information on the Ombudsman’s powers read What the Ombudsman can and can’t do
Application for Review of Admissibility Decision (249 KB)
How to submit your form
- Double check that you have completed all sections, signed and dated the form
- Save the form to your desktop or device
- Send your completed form by email to email@example.com or post to SCOAF, PO Box 72252, London SW1P 9ZZ
Timeframes for processing your application
|2 days||Once we receive your application you will receive an acknowledgement within 2 working days.|
|10 days||The initial assessment of your application will take up to 10 working days.|
|17 days||Once your application has been allocated to an investigator, we aim to provide you with a final decision within 17 working days.|
Please note: It is important that we can contact you once you have submitted an application. If we can’t contact you we may be unable to process your application or there may be delays in reviewing the decision.