Social Media Policy
Our Twitter account (@SCOAF_UK) is monitored Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Please be aware that this account is monitored by staff working in the Office of the Service Complaints Ombudsman (OSCO) who have additional duties. As such, you will not always receive an immediate response to your tweet.
Due to the character limit on Twitter, we can’t give you a detailed response to questions about the Service complaints process or the role of the Ombudsman. However, we will direct you to where you can find this information or give you contact details for our team where appropriate.
We will not use social media to discuss matters relating to specific complaints. If a complainant wishes to discuss a specific case, the usual ways of contacting the OSCO is detailed on the Contact Us page.
Please remember that the Ombudsman has a limited remit. If you are seeking information, or wish to complain, about the Ministry of Defence (MOD) or you are a member of the public seeking to make a complaint, you can find information about the MOD complaints procedure here:
Our commitment to you:
- We will monitor our account Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, excluding any period where our office is shut down e.g. Christmas leave period or bank holidays.
- We will always be polite in our tweets, and as helpful as we can be, and ask that you do the same.
- We will engage with as many people as we can, but we won’t engage where the content of tweets are abusive or offensive. We don’t want to block people from following us, but we may have no choice but to block accounts that tweet continued abuse.
- We won’t tweet any information that we have not verified as being accurate or link to any research that we have not read ourselves.
- We will take on board any and all feedback you provide on our work and our website.