The Service Complaints Ombudsman for the Armed Forces (SCOAF) captures data on its own complaint-handling performance and that of the Armed Forces. This data is sourced from both our internal casework management systems and externally from the Armed Forces administrative systems.
These statistics help to monitor our performance and play a crucial role in assessing how efficient, effective and fair the Service complaints process is.
The information held by SCOAF feeds into:
- Internal monitoring of performance;
- Quarterly statistical reports;
- Annual report to the Secretary of State for Defence on the Service complaints system.
The Annual Report is the Ombudsman’s main statistical output. The Annual Report for 2019 can be found here.
We will be publishing more frequent statistical updates on this page, together with professional guidance on how our statistics are collected, validated and published.
Our reports and reporting processes are undertaken in the spirit of the UK Statistics Authority (UKSA) code of practice and follow statistical best practice wherever possible.
The collection, quality assurance and analysis of data are vitally important in providing a robust and reliable evidence base to inform the Ombudsman.
- Quarterly Statistical Report: October - December 2020 (269 KB)
- Quarterly Statistical Report: July - September 2020 (307 KB) (167 KB)
- Statistical Tables 2019 (SCOAF operations) (184 KB)
- Quarterly Statistical Report: April - June 2020 (307 KB)
- SCO Statement of administrative sources (191 KB)
- SCO Statistical policy guideline (267 KB)
- SCO Statistics Plan 2017-18 (82 KB)
For any statistical enquiries, please contact: