The Service Complaints Ombudsman for the Armed Forces (SCOAF) captures data on its own complaint-handling performance and that of the Armed Forces. This data is sourced from both our internal casework management systems and externally from the Armed Forces administrative systems.
These statistics help to monitor our performance and play a crucial role in assessing how efficient, effective and fair the Service complaints process is.
The information held by SCOAF feeds into:
- Internal monitoring of performance;
- Quarterly statistical factsheets;
- Annual report to the Secretary of State for Defence on the Service complaints system.
The Annual Report is the Ombudsman’s main statistical output. The Annual Report for 2018 can be found here.
We will be publishing more frequent statistical updates on this page, together with professional guidance on how our statistics are collected, validated and published.
Our reports and reporting processes are undertaken in the spirit of the UK Statistics Authority (UKSA) code of practice and follow statistical best practice wherever possible.
The collection, quality assurance and analysis of data are vitally important in providing a robust and reliable evidence base to inform the Ombudsman.
- Quarterly Statistical Report - June 2019 (286 KB)
- Quarterly Statistical Report - March 2019 (360 KB)
- Statistical Tables 2018 (346 KB)
- Background Quality Report (52 KB)
- Annual Report 2018 Summary Brochure (1 MB)
- Annual Report 2018 (3 MB)
- Quarterly Statistical Report - December 2018 (402 KB)
- SCO Statement of administrative sources (191 KB)
- SCO Statistical policy guideline (267 KB)
- SCO Statistics Plan 2017-18 (82 KB)
For any statistical enquiries, please contact:
T: 020 7877 3452