We now have new posters and leaflets in stock. If you would like printed copies you can make a request by completing our enquiry form.

Contact us

Our Enquiries and Referrals Team are avaliable between 9.00am – 4.30pm Monday-Friday.

You can contact SCOAF by email, post or phone. We aim to respond to all contacts within 2 working days.

020 7877 3450
Service Complaints Ombudsman, PO Box 72252, London SW1P 9ZZ

(Please note that we are only able to accept parcel deliveries to our PO Box from Royal Mail)

You can contact us confidentially. But if you want the Ombudsman to be able to help you, you will need to give us permission to share some of what you tell us with your Service. We will never communicate with your Service without your agreement. The only exception to this is where we have immediate concerns about your safety or the safety of others.

For information on who can make an application to the Ombudsman see How can we help you?

Other types of enquiries

How to make a complaint about us

We always aim to deliver a high quality service and ensure every individual is treated fairly and in line with our processes. If you are ever unhappy with the service we provide and wish to make a complaint you have the following options:

Make an informal complaint

You can raise your concerns directly with the member of staff you have been dealing with. This gives you the opportunity to discuss the matter and see if the issue can be resolved informally.

Complaints about decisions

You can’t use this process to make a complaint about a decision made by the Ombudsman. This is because all decisions are final and binding. If you are unhappy with a decision it is open to you to make an application for Judicial Review.

You can find out more information in the Ombudsman’s blog on Judicial Review.

Make a formal complaint

If you do not wish to raise your concerns informally, or feel it would not be appropriate to use the informal process, you can make a formal complaint.

You can do this by completing the enquiry form below. You will need to select the option ‘make a complaint about a member of our team’.

Or alternatively you can make a complaint in writing and send it to the following address:

FAO Chief of Staff
PO Box 72252


Your complaint will never be handled by the member of staff you are complaining about. A senior member of staff will deal with your complaint. This will usually be the Chief of Operations or Chief of Staff – depending on who your complaint is about.

Enquiry Form