01/07/2021 – Our general enquiries telephone number changed to 0300 369 0689. All calls to our old number are diverted for a limited period. For more information read our latest update.
Scheduled maintenance: We will be performing scheduled maintenance to our IT infrastructure on Friday 17th September 2021 at 13:00 pm until Tuesday 21st September 2021. During this period, it may impact on our ability to receive emails. Please bear with us.
Please note SCOAF staff are still working remotely. If you need to contact us, please phone and leave a voicemail, or send an email to our contact mailbox, and our Enquiries Team will contact you back within 2 working days.
Support for British and non-British nationals in Afghanistan
If you are a non-British national in Afghanistan and in need of assistance, you should call the following phone number for further assistance: +44 (0)2475 389980.
If you are a British national, or family member of a British national in Afghanistan you should call +44 (0)1908 516666 and select the option ‘Consular services for British nationals’.
Further help and advice can be found via the following link: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/support-for-british-and-non-british-nationals-in-afghanistan
Our Enquiries and Referrals Team are available between 9.00am – 4.30pm Monday-Friday.
You can contact us through our online enquiry form, email, post or by phone. We aim to respond to all contacts within 2 working days.
|0300 369 0689|
Please note we are not able to retrieve SMS messages sent to our contact number.
You can contact us confidentially. But if you want the Ombudsman to be able to help you, you will need to give us permission to share some of what you tell us with your Service. We will never communicate with your Service without your agreement. The only exception to this is where we have immediate concerns about your safety or the safety of others.
For information on who can make an application to the Ombudsman see How can we help you?
Sending application forms to us
- Email: SCOAF staff are working remotely so we have no access to our post. This means there will be a delay in processing incoming post so please continue to send applications and documents to us electronically by email to our contact mailbox: email@example.com or the investigator handling your complaint. Our system cannot accept emails larger than 20MB. Emails that exceed the size limit will be blocked by our email system. Please send separate emails and mark each email in the subject box.
Other types of enquiries
- Request information (freedom of information or subject access request)
- Request Service Complaints Ombudsman promotional material i.e. leaflets and posters.
- Download the file: What can the Ombudsman do for me? (116 KB)
- Download the file: All about Ombudsman referrals (95 KB)
- Download the file: What can the Ombudsman do for family members of Service personnel? (117 KB)
- Download the file: What can the Ombudsman do for respondents to a Service complaint? (111 KB)