01/07/2021: Our general enquiries telephone number changed to 0300 369 0689. All calls to our old number are diverted for a limited period. For more information read our latest update.
Note: We are currently experiencing issues sending external emails. We are working hard to resolve these technical issues and will respond to emails as soon as the issue is rectified. While we can receive emails if you do have any concerns please contact us on 0300 369 0989. Thank you for your patience.
Please note SCOAF staff are still working remotely. If you need to contact us, please phone and leave a voicemail, or send an email to our contact mailbox, and our Enquiries Team will contact you back within 2 working days.
Our Enquiries and Referrals Team are available between 9.00am – 4.30pm Monday-Friday.
You can contact us through our online enquiry form, email, post or by phone. We aim to respond to all contacts within 2 working days.
|0300 369 0689|
Service Complaints Ombudsman, PO Box 72252, London SW1P 9ZZ
Please note we are not able to retrieve SMS messages sent to our contact number.
You can contact us confidentially. But if you want the Ombudsman to be able to help you, you will need to give us permission to share some of what you tell us with your Service. We will never communicate with your Service without your agreement. The only exception to this is where we have immediate concerns about your safety or the safety of others.
For information on who can make an application to the Ombudsman see How can we help you?
Sending application forms to us
- Post: If you are posting your application, we are only able to accept parcel deliveries to our PO Box from Royal Mail, please retain proof of postage or use recorded delivery.
- Email: If you are sending your application by email, our system cannot accept emails larger than 20MB. Emails that exceed the size limit will be blocked by our email system. Please send separate emails and mark each email in the subject box.
Other types of enquiries
- Request information (freedom of information or subject access request)
- Request Service Complaints Ombudsman promotional material i.e. leaflets and posters.
- Download the file: What can the Ombudsman do for me? (116 KB)
- Download the file: All about Ombudsman referrals (96 KB)
- Download the file: What can the Ombudsman do for family members of Service personnel? (117 KB)
- Download the file: What can the Ombudsman do for respondents to a Service complaint? (112 KB)