Before you can contact us

You must try and resolve the issue yourself before making an application for an investigation of Undue Delay.

Speak to, or email, the person handling your complaint and ask why there has been a delay. You should also ask when you can expect your complaint to be resolved.

If you do not know who is handling your complaint. Speak to your Assisting Officer or you can contact the Service complaints secretariat who will be able to advise you.

What if the delay continues after I have tried to resolve the issue myself?

You can make an application to the Ombudsman to investigate Undue Delay in a Service matter.

When you make your application you will need to tell us what you have done to try and resolve the delay.

Click the button below to find out more about making an application for us to investigate Undue Delay.